A breif history of our formation....
After the liberation war it is the first endeavor of Bankers Community of Bangladesh to establish a Social Club for Bankers and their Families to remix themselves with some social, cultural, sports and human welfare related activities from a single point.
The Bankers Club of Bangladesh Limited’s roots traces back to Journey 10, 2018 with the presence of 22 Bankers. Before the mentioned date a few Bankers of Dhaka area named Mr. Md. Rashed Akter, Mr. Shafiqul Islam Faquir Pintu and Mr. Engr. Md. Mostafizur Rahman (Aryan) met at a Social Club of Uttara on 1st January to discuss about the formation of a professional club styled 'Banker’s Club of Bangladesh Limited'. They had planned to discuss the thought with some senior bankers. As per the thinking first they have discussed the idea with Mr. Abu Zafar Shamsuddin, Mr. Mohammad Emtiaz Uddin, Mr. Mohammad Hossain and Mr. Mohammad Hossain, as per their guidance they invited some bankers of several Banks of Dhaka City to meet at Uttara Handshake Restaurant on January 10, 2018 evening. After their communication 22 bankers had abled to present themselves at the mentioned place and cut the first cake in the history of Bankers Club and also decided to register this club in RJSC as a limited company. Thus the wonderful creation had started to see the light of success.
We would like to mentioned the names of those bankers with great respect and gratitude who has engrossed themselves with the history of creation of Bankers Club of Bangladesh Limited named (as per signature book serial) Mr. Abu Zafar Shamsuddin -Trust Bank Ltd., Mr. Mohammad Emtiaz Uddin -The Premier Bank Ltd., Mr. Md. Rashed Akter -Midland Bank Ltd., Mr. Engr. Md. Mostafizur Rahman (Aryan) -Al-Arafah Islami Bank Ltd., Mr. Shafiqul Islam Faquir Pintu -ICB Islamic Bank Ltd., Mr. Md. Hasan Faruk -EXIM Bank Ltd., Mr. Khondokar Monirul Hoque -Al-Arafah Islami Bank Ltd., Mrs. Farzana Yeasmin -Bank of Ceylon, Mr. Rajib Ahmed -Trust Bank Ltd., Mr. Harun Al Ershad -Janata Bank Ltd., Mrs. Shahnaz Parven -EXIM Bank Ltd., Mr. Rezaul Karim Mridha -ICB Islamic Bank Ltd., Mr. Tariqul Islam Sumon -Al-Arafah Islami Bank Ltd., Mr. Sayed Zakir Hossain -Trust Bank Ltd., Mr. Mahfuz Akter -Al-Arafah Islami Bank Ltd., Mr. Md. Kamruzzaman -EXIM Bank Ltd., Mr. Syed Ahmed Chowdhury -Al-Arafah Islami Bank Ltd., Miss. Zakia Shahin -ICB Islamic Bank Ltd., Mr. Shaiful Islam -Al-Arafah Islami Bank Ltd., Mr. Hashinur Rahman -The Premier Bank Ltd., Mrs. Sanzida Afroz -ICB Islamic Bank Ltd. and Mr. Rashid-Un-Nabi -Midland Bank Ltd.
At this meeting- all participant proposed to form an Convening/Adhoc Committee to run the club activities till formal registration of the club from government competent authority. After discussion a thirteen members based convening was formed where Mr. Md. Abu Zafar Shamsuddin was selected as the Convener and Mr. Mohammad Emtiaz Uddin along with Mr. Md. Rashed Akter, Mr. Md. Hasan Faruk and Mr. Khondoker Monirul Hoque were selected as Joint Conveners. This first convening committee of the club took the initial initiatives to establish the club as a formal and professional on. After several meeting, discussion and communication with all segment of bankers- a live storied Club Building had been rented by the members of the club at Uttara Sector 12, Dhaka and the official work had started.
On July 10, 2018, BCBL incorporated as registered club by RJSC.
This new born but fast growing club serves as good social, cultural, sports and welfare oriented platform for the members and their families, who are mostly, dignified personnel from the cross- section of the banking industry of different schedule banks including the official of Bangladesh central bank.
The Bankers Club of Bangladesh Limited promotes collaboration among bankers and enables them to advocate for inclusive, innovative and sustainable programs and environment for improving Bankers physical, mental and emotional health and well-being.
The Bankers Club of Bangladesh Limited aims to create a global community of bankers by sharing information, experience and expertise for networking, fostering relationship & maximizing professional growth.
This Club will contribute to retention & establishment of core culture of Bangladesh.
The objective of the Club is to keep better interrelationship, be helpful, be understandable and be cordial in relationship among the members of the Club.
Activities of the Club:
- a) Facilitation for all club members and their families to bond and create a familiar relation.
- b) Idea generation and information sharing session to create new future for banking Industry.
- c) Recreational in-door and out-door sports activities such as playing tennis, football, cricket, hockey, basket-ball, squash, golf, swimming, health club, athletic & sports, billiard, snooker, Table Tennis, rowing, cards and other games
- d) Fund collection and distribution to the much needed financially weaker communities within the country as a CSR activity to make our nation stronger.
- e) Including feature in magazine & paper, initiative of arrangement of seminar or symposium regarding banking, national & international economy to educate & to enrich the mentality of the member of the club.
- f) Arrangement of seminar in various national days.
- g) To establish a library which would include books of literature, culture, national & international history, banking, economics, society related books, journal, newspaper etc. to educate & enrich the mentality of the member of the Club.
- h) Facilitate entertainment for the member of the Club & their family member through arrangement of various cultural programs.